Sunday, September 16, 2012

College Living Designs on a Dime

Hey guys!
I wanted to share with you all how I have decorated my dorm room, apartment, and house while going to college.  Just because you're in college doesn't mean you can't have a fun and homey space :) If you have any questions on any of the items in the rooms, feel free to ask.



The Dorm Room:
I have always had a good size room to myself growing up, so sharing a room the size of a closet was quite an experience for me.  I had to be very creative when I decorated the dorm room to utilize the set up provided.

 Like I said, the rooms are tiny, but this was my side of the dorm room. The bed spread came from Delia's and the silver wall hangings from TJ Maxx.  My mom found the wicker cabinet at an antique store and we recovered the black chair to hide the plastic folding legs.


 
 
 
The Apartment:
Finally, I had my own room again! I lived in a two bedroom apartment with my friend from high school my sophomore year and although this was a step up from dorm life, we were still restricted on decorating.
 
The apartment came furnished, so the couches, tables, and chairs were provided when we moved in. 


 The red/ black table on the left and the giant picture is from hobby lobby.  I picked up the pillows at Wal-Mart and the little black picture frames in a $1 bin at Target!


 

The House:
I moved into a house...with 5 other girls...call me crazy! The house is pretty neat though because, not only is it right on campus, but it has two kitchens, two living rooms, three bathrooms, six bedrooms, and two porches! I was also excited because I had free reign to decorate! Below are the pictures of my bedroom :)



My mom and I found this "jewelry-mirror" box for $20 at an antique store (supposedly it's really old). Of course I had to incorporate some blue mason jars...they make great storage for cotton balls and q-tips!

The chandelier is from hobby lobby and the pillows were made out of coral napkins.  The horse picture on the left was from a shopping bag from the company Animals to Wear.
 


I ended up taking one of the extra napkins and taping it to the wall to add some coral to this side of the room.  Then I put a picture frame over the napkin and hung pictures from a wire.
 
My mom and I refurbished an old black military chest to add another pop of coral.
 
 
 

~ Imagination is the eye of the soul.~
©Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment